Designer: Rob Daviau, JR Honeycutt, Justin D. Jacobson
Artist: Oliver Barrett
Publisher: Restoration Games
Description: A competitive tactical combat game of moving characters around a map and using cards to fight each other.
Players: 2 - 4 (but really only 2 or 4)
Playing Time: 20 - 40 Minutes
Tom Teaches how to setup a game of Unmatched and shares a storage solution to help augment the included insert and/or make it easier to store more expansions in the base box.
Tom Teaches how to play a game of Unmatched while helping Alice (of Wonderland) face off against Medusa.
DIY Storage Solution
This solution has three different parts:
1. There are deck boxes designed to hold all of the cards, dials, and (optional) sideckicks. These boxes will fit in the original insert and keep things intact for vertical storage and easy travel.
2. There are also small boxes to hold the miniatures in case you decide to ditch the insert so you can fit more characters in the base box and still keep the miniatures protected. If you are keeping the inserts, you won't need these.
3. There are also medium and large boxes to hold MANY minis together in one box. The medium box fits in the base box with the deck boxes, and the large box fits in a smaller expansion box and can fit with the smaller maps and rule books.
***Instructions for making BOTH of these kinds of boxes are found at the bottom of this page***
You could either just make the deck boxes and put them in the orignal inserts to keep the pieces from shifting around too much....
... OR you could get rid of the original insert and put many characters in one box. To do this you may want to make the boxes to hold and protect the figures for each character.
... OR you could get rid of the insert and store all of the minis in one or two larger boxes. Pictures for this option are at the bottom of this page.
Use this video to learn how to make the Character Deck boxes*
Use this video to learn how to make the boxes to hold the minis.
* IMPORTANT NOTE: These boxes are slightly bigger than the villanous ones... Because of that, as the first step (cutting the border) you will want to follow these instructions:
(1) Leave the TOP part of the page alone! Do not cut it there!
(2) DO cut on the solid line on the left side of the page.
(3) DO cut on the solid line on the right side of the page.
(4) And finally, you WILL need to cut about 1/2" off of the BOTTOM of the page. I couldn't get a line there... because I struggle... but yes! Do cut about 1/2" of the bottom of the page off.